Every replacement procedure should be carried out in a systematic manner in order for it to be a smooth process. This applies to everything, whether it is a door or a window or an appliance. In this article, we will look at the five steps you should follow when you want to replace your windows.
- Identify when to replace your windows- although it seems like windows will never have to be replaced because they are long lasting, this is not the case. Like all structures, windows are also subject to wear and tear. There are specific warning signs that you should look out for such as leaks, gaps between the window and the frame, and so on. In terms of functionality, if your windows have started increasing your monthly expenditure on electricity but if you aren’t feeling the effects of it, it is time to change your windows
- Identify the best type of windows- there are different types of windows available in the market. They vary based on the size and shape as well as design and colour. The general types available are bay windows, sliding windows, casements, and so on. Some companies even allow you to customise the size and design of your window. Irrespective of which company you choose to go with, make sure that the window suits the aesthetic of your house, both inside and outside
- Check for energy efficiency- depending on your personal requirements, the energy efficiency of your windows will vary. There are two main ratings that you should keep in mind when choosing windows. First, is a U-value. The lower the U-value of your glass, the less heat you will lose. Therefore, these windows will be ideal in areas that are extremely cold. The second rating is the Solar Heat Gain (SHG) number. This glass will absorb less heat energy than those with a high SHG number
- Choose the best material- the three most common materials used as frames are wood, aluminium, and vinyl. Depending on where you live and the look you are going for, you can choose from one of these three. However, they have their cons. Wood gets warped because of moisture accumulation, aluminium oxidizes and becomes extremely hot or cold based on the outside weather. Vinyl is often the best option because it require les maintenance, is water-resistant, and long lasting
- Do your research- make sure that you check all companies near you for the kind of frame you are looking for. Do not go with the very first option you find as there could be more lucrative deals available. Once you shortlist a few companies, look up customer reviews, speak to previous clients, and compare prices before you finally choose the company
One of the most reliable companies that cater to window replacement is Euro Star Windows and Doors. They offer a variety of windows you can choose from depending on the aesthetic you are looking for. By clicking on https://www.eurostarwindows.ca/doors/, you can get an estimate for windows as well as put in a request for replacement.