Targeted a career in Basic Sciences? Applied for the course? What if you get to know you are still eligible for a scholarship to achieve the goal? Yes, you got that right. KVPY entitles you to a scholarship to initiate your growth in the field of basic sciences. Not just the college going, this is an advantage for the school students as well. Anyone of you (interested ones) can apply for the exam after Class X. What is even more amazing about the exam? You can apply for the exam during your Class XI (SA Stream), during Class XII (SX Stream) and during the 1st year of your Basic Sciences course (SB stream).
How can you get the scholarship? One has to fill KVPY Application Form available on the official website. KVPY Scholarship has its own benefits apart from the monetary benefits that you get. KVPY provides a platform to build new networks and make new friends with similar dreams and aspirations. Here are few other benefits of the scholarship you get from KVPY:
- The add-ons of having a scholarship through KVPY have been lately observed during admissions through JEE Main wherein most of the applicants bagging a seat in NIT and IIT were KVPY Scholarship holders.
- The perks of this scholarship show up during the professional phase of your career as well. This achievement adds weight to your CV and gives you a competitive edge over the competitors. This increases chances of admission or job abroad.
- KVPY Scholarships make IISc Bangalore an easy catch. This means it increases your chances of selection to any course in IISc Bangalore since this institute organises the exam. Despite of the high cut off through JEE Main, students with KVPY Scholarship will always be preferred over the other candidates.
- Another added perk of the scholarship is an exposure to the research programs. The project is assigned to be completed under the guidance of a scientist and scholar. This will enhance your skills by building in you the ability to think independently.
- This scholarship is an entry pass to the Vijyoshi camp wherein all the qualifiers get a chance to interact with great scholars, scientists and researchers from respective fields.
Intimation of the application process is advertised in the newspaper on the Technology Day which is May 11. The students studying Mathematics, Physics, Biology and Chemistry and have the aptitude for pursuing technical research programs in future can apply for the scholarship. KVPY bestows grants to successful students to pursue graduate and post-graduate programs in different specializations of research.
Who can Apply for KVPY?
Need the scholarship to kick start your career? Want to know if you can apply for the exam? Then check the eligibility conditions below mentioned by the conducting authority of the exam:
- You have to be an Indian National to apply for this exam. If you wish to pursue undergraduate programme via distance education or correspondence course from any university then you are considered ineligible for the exam.
- If you have enrolled in an undergraduate course in Basic Sciences, that is, B.Sc. /B.S. /B. Stat. /B. Math. /Int. M.Sc. /M.S. in Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Cell Biology, Ecology, Molecular Biology, Botany, Zoology, etc. then you can also apply for KVPY 2017.
- The exam is not limited to the college going students but if you have enrolled in Class XI with science subjects, then you are eligible to apply under the SA stream.
- If you have just appeared for your Class XII and you want to apply for KVPY, then go ahead, you are eligible!You have to apply under the SX Stream.
- You can apply in SB Stream only if they are already in the first year of their graduation (B.Sc. Programme)
How can you fill KVPY Application form?
Planning to apply for the exam? Do the advantages attract you? If yes, then hurry! The application process has begun on the official website of KVPY- kvpy.iisc.ernet.in. Apply online but remit the fee either online or offline mode. The fee charged is INR 1000 for General and OBC candidates. The reserved category being always at an advantage, have to pay half of the fee charged to the unreserved category i.e. INR 500.
Apply before August 23, 2017 else you will miss the chance to obtain the scholarship. Be prepared for the process by keeping a scanned photo (size- <500 kb) and signature (size- <200 kb) ready in JPEG format. After the preparations, all you need to do is register as a new user on the official website. Then, fill the form with the required details and documents correctly. Submit the form completely by paying the application fee.
Familiar with the steps in brief? Understood the eligibility? Here are the detailed steps to fill the application form for KVPY:
Initiate the application process by giving 30 minutes of your time to the registration procedure. Register as a new user on the official website of KVPY. After which you will receive username and password which has to be preserved for the further process. The details to be entered during the registration are given below:
- Date of Birth
- Class Studying in
- Your Stream
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
Filling the Application Form and Uploading Images
What’s next after registering? Fill the application form with the personal, academic and communication details for which login again using the username and password received after registration. Personal details tab in the application form enables you to enter the personal details apart from the one entered during registration such as gender, category, address and phone number.
After this, you have to enter the academic details in the provided tab. Enter the academic information beginning from your class X qualification such as exam board, Aggregate percentage and information about the school or institution you studied. The academic information varies as per the stream applied. Click on save and continue to move to the third tab.
The third tab includes a section to fill your exam center preference and uploading the images. Mention your language preference of the question paper and then three choices of the exam center in ascending order has to be entered. Upload the image (photo and signature) in a new window which will open only after you click on the link. Upload them correctly.
What if you make errors in the form? They can be corrected only before submission so don’t forget to review your application form. Preview application button lets you preview the filled in KVPY Application form. In case, you find any errors in the form, go back and correct them. After making the necessary corrections, click on submit button to submit the application form.
Application fee payment
Final stage of form filling process is the application fee. You have now entered a stage of maximum errors. Multiple payments, incorrect payments etc. all of these are unacceptable and non- refundable errors. Choose your preferred mode of payment. Enter the details of the card or account from where the amount has to be credited. Click on submit and pay to remit the fee. For offline payment, download the challan and pay the nearest branch of SBI.