Engineering has been the most recommendable programme to take up in India. A considerable number of top engineering & B.tech Colleges in India has been set up for lakhs of students passing out with the combination PCM. Some of the most reputed and renowned engineering institutes in India are the various IITs and NITs. It has become the need of the hour for an aspirant of engineering stream. Qualifying from a top engineering entrance exam in India actually paves the way for an applicant to an institute that provides the best education and central amenities for his bright career.
Following are the Top Engineering Entrance Exams in India:
- JEE Main: The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main is the national level entrance exam conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education. This top Engineering Entrance Exam is annually held and is the first step to the admission into IITs, NITs and some other best engineering colleges in India. This top engineering entrance exam held in online as well as offline mode. The duration of this exam is 3 hours. It is a multiple choice test which is divided into two papers – Paper 1 for B.Tech / B.E. and Paper 2 for B.Arch /B.Planning. Nearly 10-12 lakh applicants appear for this top engineering entrance exam to clear and get to JEE Advanced.
- JEE Advanced 2018: This top engineering entrance exam will be conducted by IIT, Kanpur for admission for admission of candidates in 4 year B.Tech / B.S, 5 year B.Arch, 5 year dual degree B.Tech-M.Tech / B.S-M.S and 5 year Integrated Masters Program. The exam will be held in computer based mode for the first time. Registration will start soon after CBSE declares the result of JEE Main 2018.
- BITSAT: The Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) conduct its university level engineering entrance exam every year for the aspirants of B.Tech. It offers admission to all eligible applicants into the three campuses of BITS. Nearly 1-2 lakh applicants for this top engineering entrance exam every year. The duration of this online examination is 3 hours and it contains multiple choice questions based on Physics, Chemistry, English Proficiency, Logical Reasoning and Mathematics. Nearly 2000 candidates can take admission into three different BITS institutes.
- MU OET: The Manipal University Online Entrance Test is a university level examination which has over 50000 applicants per year. This top engineering entrance provides gateway to 16 engineering courses through MU OET which is open to all eligible applicants. It is an online test of 150 minutes containing multiple choice questions.
- VITEEE: The VIT University conducts VIT Engineering Entrance Exam. Nearly 2 lakh students appear for this top engineering entrance exam every year. Those who clear this entrance exam are offered admission into VIT Chennai, VIT Vellore, VIT Andhra Pradesh and VIT Bhopal. Duration of this exam is 2.5 hours in which the applicants have to solve 125 questions from Physics, Mathematics and English Sections.
- SRMJEE: SRM University conducts the SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination (SRMJEEE). Nearly 1 lakh undergraduates can appear in this top engineering entrance exam every year for 7000 seats. It consists of 155 questions. Direct admission is provided to the top 1000 IIT JEE Rank holders along with the top rank holders of Central and State Board of examinations.
- COMEDK UGET: This entrance examination is conducted by Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK) across 697 exam centers in 153 cities in India. Duration of this entrance exam is 3 hours. It consists of 180 multiple choice questions.
- KIITEE: The Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology University conducts KIITEE every year across 60 exam centers in the country.
- IPU CET: This top engineering entrance exam is conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU). The applicants get 2.5 hours to do the test containing 150 multiple choice questions in offline mode.
Those mentioned above are some of the top engineering entrance exams in India. These are meant for the aspirants who wish to take up engineering as a career option. All of these top engineering entrance exams are very much in demand.